17 Apr Zandi K Raises Money for a Good Cause
Our mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world.
So when it comes to April and Earth Day, it’s no wonder Aveda dedicates the whole month to love, celebrate and raise funds to protect the earth and its peoples. Raising more than $3 billion in the past 15 years, in the past 7 years $26 million of those dollars have supported clean water projects all around the world. Partnering with Global Greengrants Fund, Aveda has been able to make 1,125 grants in 67 countries possible with your Light The Way™ candle purchases, which exceeded $7.6 million
- 520 projects helping communities to advocate for safe and affordable drinking water
- 770 watersheds, such as lakes, wetlands, and rivers, protected
- 1,070 communities addressing climate change, which contributes to water shortages and scarcity across the globe
- 75,250 acres devoted to sustainable agriculture
- 660,000 lives impacted by water related project
Here at Zandi K. Hair and Skin Studio we partner locally with Western Resource Advocates, a nonprofit environmental protection agency working in Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming to protect and safeguard our most precious resource, water. Over the years, our partnership with Western Resource Advocates has resulted in protection of our water supplies. Through their Aveda partnership and donations from people like you WRA has accomplished many amazing things in this region. Here are just some of them:
- They have worked with over a dozen cities in Colorado, including Denver, Boulder, Loveland, Greeley, Fort Collins, and Pagosa Springs, as well as cities across the West, to launch innovative water conservation programs.
- In the face of predicted water shortages, devised solutions to meet Colorado’s increasing water needs with current water supplies.
- Helped protect one of the West’s last free-flowing rivers, the San Miguel in Colorado, for future generations.
- Defended the nation’s most visited National Forest — the White River National Forest near Glenwood Springs, from oil and gas development and potential water pollution.
- Brought together water leaders from every state along the Colorado River to discuss how we can cooperate rather than compete over our shared river and water supplies
- And across the West, they protected habitat of endangered fish, safeguarded drinking water from toxic pollution, promoted water conservation over large water pipelines, and restored the West’s majestic rivers and lakes
How Can You Become Involved?
So far this year we have already raised $1200 of our $4000 goal! If you would like to donate to Zandi K’s Earth Month 2014 cause there are a ton of ways to get involved:
1. Come into the salon and enter our Earth Month Raffle. For $1 per entry you will be entered to win a gift basket, donated by Zandi K, full of amazing Aveda products valued at over $300! 100% of entries go to Western Resource Advocates.
2. Become a business sponsor. If you own a business and would like to be mentioned on our Website and Social Media as on of our Earth Month sponsors please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contribute to a great cause and promote your business to new customers at the same time!
3. Just want to donate now? Click donate now and donate securely on our Crowdrise page. [jbutton color=”blue” size=”large” link=http://www.crowdrise.com/avedaearthmonthzandik]Donate Now[/jbutton]
Your donation will help:
• Promote water conservation and protection of rivers in Colorado and
throughout the West.
• Protect public health and water quality from toxic chemicals used in oil
and gas development, including fracking.
• Meet the water needs of Colorado’s growing population through water
conservation — an inexpensive, immediate, and intelligent alternative to
building large, expensive pipelines.
• Restore the major source of water in Colorado: the Colorado River,
which supports 36 million people in 7 states in the West.
• Support water conservation and river protection across the West. Because Colorado, Arizona, Southern California, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming all depend on the Colorado River, the work that Western Resource Advocates does in one state, provides a real benefit to other states as well- we’re all in the same boat!
100% of your donations will go directly to Western Resource Advocates to further their work. It is is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, and your donations are tax-deductible for the full retail value of your gift. Western Resource Advocates’ Federal Tax Identification Number is 84-1113831. To learn more about their work, please visit www.westernresourceadvocates.org.
Thank you in advance for any donation that you might be able to give to! Your help allows us to help achieve a sustainable future for our vibrant state! Thank you for your support!